Monday, April 14, 2014

Merida - Week 14

Hola Amigos y Familia!

This week was another good week! Something exciting is that we have 5 new baptismal dates! Just because people say "yes" to a date though doesn't automatically mean we will have a baptism. Time will tell with these new ones how serious they are!

A week from this Tuesday we are going to have two baptisms and I'm super excited. One of them we've been teaching since I first got here and the other since about 8 weeks or so. Finally the day is almost here and they're ready!

The 6th of May we also have another solid baptism. We've been teaching our golden little family of four and the little girl wants to get baptized first. (I think I've already talked about them) The parents are waiting to finalize their marriage before  we can pick a date for them. Yesterday we asked their 13 year old son how he felt about being baptized and he decided he wants to for sure!  He wants to do it the same day as his parents though. 

It makes me so happy to have some solid investigators because so many keep letting us down. I'm lucky to have the companion I do too because she's always positive and makes things fun.

Well, it's April so its starting to get hot! It gets around 100 degrees here most days. I actually just realized that everything here is metrics and celsius. So people here say "wow it so hot, it's 40 grados!" And that means like 103 in Fahrenheit.  Funny!

On a spiritual note, since I'm a missionary, I will share a little from my studies. I was reading in the Book of Mormon the other day (surprise!) and Nephi was writing about how incredible the atonement is, especially referring to the plan of salvation. He wrote how without the atonement, we would never have a body again and we would basically live with Satan forever. Even if we lived really good lives on the earth, without the atonement we couldn't get rid of our "sins" or mistakes/shortcomings/imperfections and we'd be stuck with Satan. Forever. When you think about the atonement that way, WOW. It makes me want to repent of everything. The atonement is the greatest gift. Because of the atonement, we can repent and change and change until we're more and more like Jesus Christ. And if we do our best to stay on this incline, not be perfect, but on an incline, we have the gift to become like God one day. Live how God lives. That's what eternal life is.

Well, I love you all and hope everyone is happy! Can't wait to see you all in...one year! :) Adios!
Hermana Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment