Monday, December 8, 2014

Brisas - Week 30


 TRANSFERS!!

So, my poor area of Brisas hasn't been doing too well and the mission President decided to cut a companionship. President Garcia interviewed the other Brisas companionship Tuesday and called me on Thursday to make the final decisions. He asked me if I felt like I could be effective with Hermana Pitcher (from the other Brisas companionship) and if I wanted to stay. I told him yes, so that's what happened! By the end of this transfer I'll have spent half of my mission in one area! Not many missionaries do that in this mission, but I'm okay with it. I'm excited to spend Christmas with a ward that I already know really well!

Today we met at the stake center for transfers.  My companion, Hermana Suarez, went to Mashkanu with her new companion. She was REALLY sad to go, even though she only spent 4 weeks with me in Brisas. Transfers are always tough for everyone seems like :(

I'm actually really excited for this transfer, even though there's A LOT of pressure. The President told me on Thursday that if we don't get the ward moving and start having baptisms he's going to shut down the area and Brisas will be left without  missionaries!  I have been worrying about a lot of things since I found out when transfers were.  Hermana Pitcher is really good to tell me to stop worrying so much haha. I'm excited because we had the same trainer, and like to work the same way, so I'll think once we start working we'll have lots of success!

We have several people from both areas that are close to getting baptized, so our plan is to organize our ward plan so that the members can work to excite all of these people to go to church and start progressing!

This week was a lot like our last week.  Not much happening. It felt like opening an area again because alllllll we did was contact. Unfortunately all the people outside were grandpas and grandmas or people who were too busy to listen. We've been passing out lots of little cards to advertise the Mormon message "He is the gift" and it's been pretty successful. I like it because now we've been targeting people on their phones, instead of not bothering them, and have them open the video right then and watch it with them. We found a super cute little family that way, but of course they live just outside our area!

At church Henry and Susi came for the second time! After 3 times they can get baptized, so I'm hoping we can re-put in a baptismal date and that they can get baptized already! They really want to, but the husbands work schedule is just so unpredictable.

We had a stake baptism and we brought Jenny and her 2 daughters. They're super awesome and actually all of Jenny's family are members, but she doesn't want to get baptized yet. She likes going to church and stuff though for her girls sake.  She likes to have them involved in good activities. I'm hoping that she'll have more of a desire to get baptized soon!

Hermana Harper

Family Home Evening in Brisas, Mexico! 




Moving to a different Apartment in Brisas


Ward Members helping us move!








No comments:

Post a Comment