Monday, September 29, 2014

Brisas - Week 20

First of all, I can't believe it's almost October.

There were lots of fun things that happened this month.  With Independence day and all the little Catholic parades for their saints, and now, day of the dead and Halloween is coming up. I haven't heard too much about those holidays, but I'm sure I will soon!

This week I didn't feel too much like a missionary because it seemed like everyday we had errands to run for sick missionaries.  My mission daughter (Hermana Pinguelo) got stuck in the hospital for a couple days because her companion got Dengue. You get it from mosquitos, and I guess it can be really serious if you don't get it taken care of. We went to the hospital twice to leave clothes and let their phone charge. They were fun little trips despite missing out on teaching time! The other sisters in our ward also got sick with the flu, so they've been house bound, and we've had to help them a little bit too. Seems like everyone has gotten sick lately!

With the time we had to teach, we actually found some pretty awesome people. We found a newlywed couple at the start of this week who are really great. The wife is from Colorado and is here learning/teaching Spanish. She was a missionary for the catholic church which I thought was pretty cool because there aren't many of those (missionaries) that I've seen. I think I forget that Americans can be Catholics too, haha!  She married a guy who's from here and they both have lots of really great questions about what we believe. I'm hoping by the next lesson we can get them to accept an invitation to be baptized!

Its been fun with the conference coming up and inviting everyone to it. The less actives we've invited seem especially excited.  Last night I was on exchanges with one of the sister training leaders and we were with Shirley, who's been a member for 14 years, but inactive for awhile. She's been slowing getting more involved though and when we told her about conference and how awesome it would be, she got way excited. She's never been, she said and has several things she's been praying about lately, so we told her to bring her questions to conference.

This week  we went to the Womens' Conference. We brought Conchi with us, who we've taught several times and I think she really liked it. I love having conferences like that to show investigators because they're always so perfect! There really is something for everyone, no matter how much you know about the church. I hope everyone listens and takes advantage of such a special opportunity!

Love, Hermana Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment