Monday, October 27, 2014

Brisas - Week 24

We had transfers! This transfer, I stayed in Brisas and I got a new companion! Her name is Hermana Rojas and she is from Peru! I can already tell that we'll get along super great! :)

Last night it was a little frustrating because Hermana Huff and I stayed up until midnight, waiting to be told about transfers, so we could hurry and pack, but we waited that long just to be told that they were going to notify us in the morning. That's probably my biggest pet peeve about the mission- notifying us always super late at night. Hopefully its not like that in all missions!

In the morning we packed and cleaned and left for the stake center around 10:30am. Its fun seeing everyone together switching companions, but sad too. I saw my old companion, Hermana Tozcano, and found out she's going home! She has the same amount of time in the mission as I do, so it’s pretty sad she has to go home so early. Right after her and I ended our transfer together, like that next night I think the part of the wall where her hammock was hanging fell and she hurt her back really bad. Ever since then she's had problems and finally now is going home because of it. Super sad!

It was also really sad to say bye to Hermana Huff, because she was really a fun companion. I felt like I could do anything with her and we always had fun. I'm excited to see how her new adventure goes because her companion is Latina. She actually got here when I did, so I know her pretty good.  I think Hermana Huff is pretty excited about her new adventure too, obviously super sad also, but she is  ready for it!

I feel like I'm learning a ton right now.  It’s crazy because I really feel like I'm in this area for a reason. For forever, I think I've lacked a lot of faith in God's timing and if things are all really for a reason, but last night some things changed. There's been a lot of little things I've struggled with being here, that I just thought were normal.  I was talking to this less active member  and he told me a few things that I really needed to hear. It's almost scary, but he has a huge gift for figuring people out. He told me all this stuff about me, that I was super surprised he picked up on. I realized that I need to talk more when I'm struggling with things, because everything shows. If you're not ok, it affects everything. It’s such a weird growing experience here because of the rules and expectations... You barely have time to think about yourself it feels like, but you have to sometimes! I really feel like so many things and relationships have happened here for me, and for a reason, and I'm really lucky. Its incredible to know that we really do have a father in heaven who cares for us and puts things and people into our lives for a purpose. You have to trust him though and choose to make something of your circumstances. Not just suffer through life with a little faith that you're meant for something more. I can tell I still have a long way to go, but I guess that's why God leaves us here for so long, haha.

I love you all and appreciate your support and prayers,
Hermana Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment