Monday, January 26, 2015

Brisas - Week 37

¡Hola!

So, right now in the mission we're focusing a lot on family history. Tomorrow, actually, we get to go to the temple with our recent converts and help them to do the work for THEIR family. Tomorrow we're going to take Gabriel (Hermana Pitcher and her last comp baptized him) to the temple and he's really excited. We found 9 names for him to do, so that's really exciting!

I can't wait for Saturday, because we're having another baptism: Ricardo! He is SO ready and so happy. I can't remember what I've said about him, but he's 23 and has a little girl. His uncle is a member, so that's how he heard about the church. He started going originally because he liked a member in his uncle's ward, but he only went to that ward for 2 Sundays and the missionaries handed him over to us. From the beginning he's been amazing. He said his interest in the church started for a crush, but now he's really in it because HE wants to be- and we can totally see that. He already seems like a member because he's going to all the activities, has friends, and has all the books and everything downloaded onto his phone, haha. I'm really happy for him!

Something interesting this week was that Betzi (Henry's daughter that got baptized) told us she had a dream right after the baptism. She said in the dream an evil force came and was trying to break her family apart and was pulling away her mom. In the dream, I guess Betzi pulled back, and fell over because the evil force let go. The parents said they felt like it was probably the adversary who wasn't happy with what they had done as a family. It's crazy because it really was a battle getting the family baptized, and shows there are always those against us, but luckily we're fighting on the stronger side!

Ricardo also said he's had some scary dreams, but we showed him a couple scriptures that say flat out PRAY to conquer Satan. And it's really as simple as that :) It strengthened my testimony of prayer from hearing about all that, because prayer really is a power that we can always, always turn to.

Other random things from this week: I left Brisas this week for the first time! I went on divisions with the sister training leaders in their area, and one came here with my comp. I think being away just made me miss my area because we didn't have ANY success while I was there. Everyone was a little colder and stuck in their lazy ways. Also, Saturday night the councilor in the bishopric came and asked me and my comp to speak Sunday, and we have services at 8am. I heard from several members that that isn't that unusual. Haha, so that was my 2nd time speaking in the mish!

Bye!
Love to all of you,
Hermana Harper




No comments:

Post a Comment