Monday, March 17, 2014

Merida - Week 10

Hola!

Lots of crazy changes this week. We've been looking for a new house the past couple weeks and we finally made the move Saturday. The house we were in before had a single guy who lived above us and used the same house gate, so the president's wife wanted us out of there. To me it was silly, but if they tell you to move, you do what they tell you! Our house now is definitely not as nice which is sad. Honestly I was kinda grumpy when we were arranging all of our stuff because there just isn't room for anything, as in no tables and all the outlets are in weird places. And its super old and dirty. And there are  bugs everywhere.  I'll live though. Moments like those, I just tell my self  "18 months."

Something interesting: Thursday, we were sitting outside the chapel waiting for a member who was going to visit some people with us and we got our phone robbed! We have no idea how it happened because my companion had it while we were sitting in front of the chapel and after the member got there, we got half a block down the street and my companion realized she didn't have it. Whoever took it was really sneaky! We called the phone from the chapel and the person who had it surprisingly answered. He was a mostly normal guy, but claimed to be really far away already and couldn't return it for a week and a half.  Hermana Ludlam told him flat out he robbed us and should turn around and return it, but he asked for money in return. Long story short, we got a new phone from the elders in the office about a day and a half later. That just threw some kinks in our plan that day.

Tuesday and Wednesday of this week  we were in training ALL day in the stake center with a couple of zones. Half the day we just did practices with each other and it was pretty fun! I feel like I actually have a couple friends in the mission apart from my companion. In one of the practices it was me and 3 Latinas and for one turn they tried to teach me in English and it was super funny. One of them has an American companion so she's knows some phrases like, "what's up!" It was funny because one of the other sisters was trying to construct a sentence using "what's up" and asked me during the lesson "what's up in your mind?" In the moment it was all really hilarious.

The whole splitting the area thing I talked about last week is for sure happening. My companion and I will most likely share the ward, just have new companions. I'm a little nervous for a Latina companion. Nervous, but excited. I'm excited because I feel like I'll start learning Spanish better. I'm not sure if I'll train or have another senior companion. All the other American sisters started training at 12 weeks, but I've told Hermana Ludlam I don't feel quite ready yet and I think she hinted that to President for me. I'd honestly be fine either way, but in just one more transfer I think I'd feel way more ready.

Something cool, the president told us a couple days ago our numbers are the highest in the mission. Crazy! I feel like we're super average missionaries, but I guess we've done something right. A lot of the credit has to go to my companion though because she always has a go-go-go attitude.

Well, I guess that's it for this week! Adios- Hermana Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment