Monday, May 12, 2014

Merida - Week 18


At the Zoo on Cinco de Mayo

Hello!

First off, I'm really, really, really sad right now because I'm leaving my first area! I've had 18 weeks there, so I got pretty attached. The members, the investigators, my companion! I feel like they're all my family. Last night when we were waiting for the call to find out what would happen me and Hermana Tozcano, we were positive we would have one more transfer together before we'd get switched up. Usually they call us at 8:30 or 9 so we have time to pack, and when 10:30 rolled around they still hadn't called, so I thought for suuure we'd stay. But, At like 10:40 our district leader called to tell us we're both going to have babies and I'm leaving to open a brand new area! I'm excited, but SO sad.

I couldn't fall asleep for hours because I was thinking about all the people I would miss and baptisms and just everything...annnd my eyes may have been a little teary! They told us we would have a normal Monday together and Tuesday morning we'd have our babies, so I was thinking about what me and my companion would do our last day together. At MIDNIGHT, the assistants called to tell us we had to be at the stake center at 8am to trade companions for a day. I was a little annoyed at the late notice...buuut i guess that's just how it is in the mission. We woke up at 5ish so I could pack and get all ready to leave :( The morning was a little nuts because I wanted to leave a couple notes for people. Everything I wanted to get done I was able to luckily.

As we were leaving, miraculously there was a taxi. We haven't been able to buy credit to call, so I was a little worried about getting a taxi without being able to call one, but it all worked out! In the morning, I didn't get teary or anything, but a member stopped by to pick something up and surprised us...I gotl sad all over again. It's been two hours since then, and I can't seem to pull myself together very well. Luckily I'm with a new companion right now, so she can distract me with new conversations!
Baptism!

This week we had a baptism! We baptized the 9 year old of the family of investigators we're teaching. They are amazing. I feel so lucky to have known them and taught them. We ate with their family yesterday after church and I'm glad now I had that little extra time with them. At church we had their family there and 3 others. For two of those 3 it was their first time. I LOVE seeing investigators in the chapel. It always confirms that we're not just wasting our time with them and that they honestly do want to learn and do their part.

Hmmm...besides transfers I feel like there isn't a lot of new stuff to report. Next week I'll write all about my new daughter and area and finding investigators. Yikes! I'll be working super hard the next transfer. I love you all! Talk to you next week!

Hermana Harper




No comments:

Post a Comment