Monday, May 26, 2014

Brisas - Week 2

¡Buenas Tardes!

Well, my companion and I have completed 2 weeks here in Brisas! It's been a tough week because hardly anyone wants to listen to us. We've been talking to lots and lots of people and so many are stuck on their own religion and unwilling to consider what we've got to say.

The beginning of this week I had a tough time with that. Not just the rejection, but I felt like I didn't have my companion backing me up. I love my companion, but she is sometimes hard to work with! I really struggled with the street contacting with her because I kept feeling like everytime she talked she was super bored and unhappy. I felt super alone, like I was the only one who thought what we had to share was important. I got really frustrated with her because it's hard enough trying to win people over, and if you come across like you hate what you're doing, no one is going to listen. I kind of  assumed that she assumed that no one would listen and that our street contacting was pointless. One of the days there was a point where I almost broke down, but luckily I held myself  together!
Me, My old companion, and our 2 new companions in Brisas
We'd been talking and talking to all kinds of people and finally one sweet grandma let us teach her.  She told us how we were such angels and how she never says no to people like us. I had felt so alone all day because it had seemed like contacting was pointless, but I was trying to teach my companion that it's just something you do to show Heavenly Father you're doing all you can. I was just glad for a little bit of success and it made me happy to see that not everyone here is so hard.

I'm learning a lot about working well with a companion this week ... I finally asked her what her deal is with contacting and talking to people, and she admitted that talking to the people always scares her.  Slowly things have been getting better, and I think we're equally as happy and bubbly with the people now. I think this whole transfer I'll learn a lot about working well with my companion because we tend to argue a lot. Luckily we argue and get over things fast. I thought Sis. Pinguelo didn't like me at first, but she's told me several times she's glad we're companions. The learning never ceases!
This is how they keep people from jumping over their fences!!!
Apart from my companionship drama, something kinda funny happened yesterday. After we ate with some members we went to an end of our area that  we haven't been to yet to meet a less active/part member family. As we started getting closer to the address we had, we heard that one of the houses had a huge party going on. Me and my companion were both like, please don't let it be that house. And what do you know, that was the house to the address we had. We stalled in front of the house for a minute, but the family saw us outside and they all yelled for us to join the party!  Everyone was drinking and dancing and they came out to bring us into the party with them. Neither of us knew what to do because we didn't want to offend them! They got us to go in to the house for a min and all the people we're cheering and saying "las hermanas! las hermanas!" and they all wanted to take pictures with us.  A kid offered us a bottle of alcohol and this old guy tried to get me to slow dance with him. At that point I was like, ok that's it...time to go. This all only lasted less that 5 min, and fortunately they were understanding when we told them we would just visit another time. It was all super hilarious though.

Ok, agggain, all I have time for! :(
Love you all! Hermana Harper





No comments:

Post a Comment