Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Brisas- Week 8

Hola!
My Trainer, Her Trainee (My Sister) and My Daughter
First of all, the mission president changed P-day on us this week, so that's why I'm writing a day late! We got notified like Thursday, which is annoying, but that's how things always go here it seems like. At first I was super bugged because we'd either waste a lot of time or money to change all our appointments, but then I remembered that the zoo is never open on Monday, but Tuesday yes, so then we were excited :) Everything has worked out in the long run because we ended up having like 7 lessons that day, which is really good for us.
A new fruit I found...Pitaya!

This week felt like it was pretty eventful! We found two new investigators that seem really promising. One has her husband in jail, so we had her take him a Book of Mormon and she said he was really grateful for it. When we extended the baptismal invitation she accepted and asked if her 2 kids could get baptized too...Uh, of course they can!! :) One is 8 and the other 10, so its perfect. We've only had one lesson with her though, so hopefully everything goes smooth. Her name is Najelli.

Another lesson we had was with a young mom of two little kids, Anai. Our lesson was super short with her, but I can already tell she's promising!

Oh, so I went to the doctor on Wednesday.  I've had this weird breakout on my chest for a couple weeks that I just thought was acne or something from the dirt and sweat...bbbuuutttt...the doctor told me they were little bugs!!!!!! The presidents wife had thought it was heat rash or something, but the cream she gave me wasn't helping much, so I finally decided it was time to go see the doctor about it, and yeah, I have little bugs.  My companion was laughing at me because I was like freaking out a little to the doctor when he first told me.  The doctor gave me cream and pills and am using some special soap and so far I think its helping, thankfully.
Brisas Scenery!

Thursday we had immigration, so that took up a lot of our morning traveling there and getting that all taken care of for my companion. 

Friday  (I think), my companion and I had a little bit of contention. I'm definitely learning a lot from this companionship, about how to get along with others.  It's hard because Hermana Pinguelo loooves to push me when I'm already upset, but honestly our companionship has gotten stronger because I'm learning to say sorry and forget and forgive.
2 of the 3 investigators we had at church this week!!!

Something exciting,
WE HAD THREE INVESTIGATORS AT CHURCH THIS WEEK! It's the first time since we got here, so we're super happy! Haha when we reported our numbers to our district leader he was wayyy happy for us and even our zone leader called to congratulate us.  It was fun to finally see our efforts paying off.  Our 3 investigators are Rita, her husband Victor and Rita's sister Erlinda. They're all like in their late 70's - 80's and are the funniest ever. I love going to visit them because they feel like grandparents to us now. Erlinda always asks me if I'll take her home with me to the U.S. when I leave, haha.

That’s all for this week.  I love you all, Hermana Harper


Catholic Decorations



Party Food!



Lizards are EVERYWHERE!
A Friend From Home...She went to Mountain View HS!

The Zoo Here is called Animaya!

Comps at the Zoo!

Zoo Pics!

More Zoo Pics!


No comments:

Post a Comment