Monday, July 14, 2014

Brisas - Week 9

Hola Friends,

This week was pretty normal.  Sunday was a bummer because we had our hopes up for 7 investigators to come to church, but only one made it. From our 3 from last week, only Victor made it to church.  His wife and sister we're pretty tired because they were up partying until 3am! They crack me up because they're like 80, but they still get super dolled up for parties- even if its just a family party.

This week we had a lesson with a guy we've been calling "Miguel creeper." This guy stopped us in the street to get our names, so consequently we contacted him and he has been texting us ever since.  He keeps asking us if we were allowed to get married and how it works being a missionary and stuff.  He'd been out of town for awhile, but finally got home so we met with him. We tried really hard to bring a member, but no one could :( We went though and told him what's up and how we're missionaries and our purpose was to help him get closer to God in his life.  Haha, he honestly didn't seem to normal to me because he got distracted way too much and was eating paper  when we were with him. We haven't heard from him since though, so I don't think he's too interested anymore!

Something funny this week is that I climbed a roof to pick some fruit. We were teaching this super old lady and she had a guaya tree and my companion has been craving them lately, so we asked the lady if we could pick some for her and us. She obviously was too old to do it, so I climbed the roof to get to where all the fruit was. Haha, that's been me and Hermana Pinguelo's thing lately. We're always helping old people pick their fruit! It was cute because this old lady told us she hates eating alone because she's scared to choke with no one around to help her. So, while I was picking fruit, my companion was watching, and the cute old lady was taking advantage of the moment and eating the guayas haha.

Well, on a spiritual note, I'll share something from my studies of the book of Mormon! I've been reading about Alma the younger, and I noticed a verse that hadn't stuck out to me before. When the angel appears to alma and his friends, he specifically says the reason he's there is on behalf of the prayers and faith of Alma (the father) and the members of the church. It's interesting because God always allows agency, and could have let them keep using it how they had, but due to faith and prayers, God sent miracles that changed their lives. I think I discredit prayer sometimes because we pray alllll the time and for the same things pretty much. When we truly have faith and do all God's asked of us, we're able to receive the blessings.

Well, love you all! Enjoy your week!
Hermana Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment