Wednesday, December 25, 2013

MTC - Week 5 - Christmas Day!

Merry Christmas!

This is unfortunately going to be short, so I wanted to bear my testimony. The MTC has really been a testimony builder, and I'm glad because that was always part of the reason I wanted to serve a mission. My testimony has really grown of Jesus Christ. I feel kind of silly that my testimony didn't have more emphasis on Him before. For awhile, I remember trying to strengthen my testimony of prayer or reading my scriptures, which is important, but Jesus Christ is really what you need a testimony of first.

Since my zone is a "choir zone" I've been singing every week in MTC choir, and obviously we've sang a lot of Christmas /Baby Jesus songs. I thought about what Mary must have been thinking those first weeks and months of having her baby. She must have loved that baby SO much. It must have been an entirely different perspective knowing what Jesus would do for her and everyone else 30 years later. It's such an incredible gift Jesus Christ gave us. And He did it completely out of love for us. Without the atonement, we'd be stuck after we die. There would be no hope of changing for the better because we'd be stuck with our sins forever.

I really do love Jesus Christ. I know He is real and if you do things to grow closer to Him you WILL be happier. All He wants is for us to "come follow Him" and love him more than any worldly thing that would take us further from Him.

I hope you have a Merry Christmas! Take some time in a prayer today and thank God for sending us his only begotten ;) I love you!!!!

<3 / Hermana Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment