Thursday, January 30, 2014

Merida - Week 3

Questions Answered!

We have asked Hilary a few questions in our letters to her, and we got a few answers.  We wanted to share them with you:

I'm going to try and answer all your questions!

Do you have any indoor plumbing?

Yes to plumbing. It's all old but works. The shower faucet is low, so we have a bucket underneath and use a cup to pour water over ourselves to shower. Sometimes the water is hot sometimes not. We usually boil water to add if its cold. We buy big jugs of filtered water and have filters in our water bottles for drinking.

Have you had any stomach problems yet?  Because of foods or water?
No stomach issues :)

Where do you use the computer?  Do you use it at members homes?

We use internet cafes, most people don't have their own computer.

Have you had a chance to learn any new recipes?
I haven’t really learned recipes because I don’t have time. the food really isn’t that different. I could maybe learn to makes the flower drink and tortillas, but nothing is really thaaat different.

We thought you were going to sleep in a Hammock?  You said you had a bed?
I’m probably the only one in the whole mission who hasn’t officially slept in a hammock.  It’s a little too cold for them right now. I think people really like them here though.

Have you seen any new kinds of animals?
No cool animals...I saw a moth the size of my fist though and a big spider once. The birds sound really tropical here, but I haven’t seen any super cool ones.

Hermana Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment