Monday, August 4, 2014

Brisas - Week 12

¡Buenos Días!

So last night we got told about our transfers, I'm staying in Brisas and training again! I'm going to have another baby! I'm excited because I like training for the most part. I think it completely depends on the person you train whether its easy or not though...just like any other companionship really.

Today I'm staying with another American sister for the day and we're doing our normal P-day stuff and have a training meeting at 2pm. Then tomorrow we receive our new companions. I met a few of the new missionaries today and it is so fun to see where everyone is from. Of the four I met, 3 are from different parts of Mexico and one from Chile. I know there will be a bunch of American sisters this transfer too because I saw the paper in the offices last week.   I think 4 are from Pleasant Grove too, haha.

Transfers were probably the most exciting thing I have to say for this week! Sunday we spent with only members because we knew one of us would get switched out. We also went to the farewell of an elder that's leaving from our  ward to serve a mission in Mexico City.  He has accompanied us with appointments a bunch, so it was fun to be at his farewell and wish him well on his mission.  Since it was Fast Sunday, they did the farewell in the evening which worked well. I've never heard of a farewell not being in sacrament until yesterday though! At church we had 2 investigators. I was disappointed because we were almost positive 3 more would be there and a less active, but they didn't come :(   Why is it so hard to go to church on Sundays??? 

This week the other sisters in the ward had a baptism, so we brought an investigator to show him what he would be working towards. He liked it a lot, so hopefully he can stop smoking so it is possible!

Things have been going good in Brisas. Lots of lessons, lots of sun, looots of sweat! And I still feel like every day I'm learning a lot about the people here and how I can teach better to help them understand the gospel.

One random thing I learned from a member we ate with on Saturday was about that number in the bible that the Jehovah's witnesses think is the number of people who will be saved. I never understood what the number meant, but this member explained to us that with the priesthood there are quorums, and once it reaches a certain number, you have to make a new quorum. With the priesthood office "seventy" the max is seven times seventy in a quorum and I guess the number in Apocalipis is from that. Haha that's something I never even thought about, about the priesthood...all those technicalities. Goes to show just how perfect God's church is though!

Until next week,
Hermana Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment